Food Engineering ITB graduates will receive the title of “Bachelor of Science” (or Sarjana Teknik/S.T. in Indonesia) and can work in various fields, such as:
- Food engineer: develops and evaluates the production process of food ingredients and products.
- Food researcher: finding and developing new food ingredients and products.
- Quality assurance: maintaining the quality of food in the industry so that it is safe for consumption.
- Consultant: providing consultation to the food industry in the field of food processing, food product development, market expansion, optimization of production processes, quality assurance, etc.
- Entrepreneurship: creating new business or business opportunities in food products.
- Lecturer: developing education in the field of food science and technology.
As of July 2022, Department of Food Engineering ITB has had 125 graduates. The following data is some information about Food Engineering ITB alumni obtained from an independent survey in July 2021.
- Duration from Graduation until Getting First Job Position
- Congruence of the Field of Work with Food Engineering
- Types of Companies where They Work
- Users/Companies Satisfaction on Graduates Performances