Merdeka Belajar Kampus Merdeka (MBKM) is a program from the Ministry of Education, Culture, Research, and Technology of the Republic of Indonesia (Kemendikbud Ristek RI) which provides opportunities for students to hone skills according to their talents and interests by going directly into the industrial fields as preparation for future careers. Student activities outside of ITB can be converted into credits (sks) in ITB. ITB’s Food Engineering Study Program strongly encourages and supports students so that students can gain real experience outside of campus.
Here are some examples of MBKM activities that have been carried out by Food Engineering students in 2021:
- Internship for 2-6 months which are converted into 5-20 credits.
- Student exchange to the University of California, Davis and Prince of Songkla University through the IISMA (Indonesian International
Student Mobility Awards) Kemendikbud Ristek.
- Student exchange in UNPAD-ITB collaboration in several subjects such as Halal Food Products and Sensory Evaluation.
- Kredensial Mikro Mahasiswa Indonesia (KMMI) program in the form of Entrepreneurship Development Program.
- Magang dan Studi Independen Bersertifikat (MSIB) Kemendikbud Ristek at PT Paragon Technology and Innovation and PT. Danone.
- Actively involved in community service activities carried out by lecturers.