Food Engineering Department of ITB has several laboratories at Labtek IIA and IIB ITB Jatinangor Campus that support student laboratory activities, i.e.:
- Process Engineering Education Laboratory (Head of Laboratory: Dr. Helen Julian)
A laboratory to carry out basic education for Food Engineering students, starting from the Measurement and Analysis Methods course to the Food Engineering Laboratory course. Equipped with various equipment such as:
- Visible Spectrophotometer,
- Gas Chromatography equipped with a Flame Ionization Detector,
- Adsorption unit set equipped with a light intensity measuring instrument,
- Extraction units set equipped with heating mantle,
- Distillation units set equipped with heating mantle
- Mixing tank units equipped with baffles and tachometers,
- Process dynamics in tanks units,
- Fluid flow sets (SOLTEQ fluid friction measurement apparatus),
- Drying units equipped with a built-in balance, humidity, flow rate, and temperature gauge,
- Pump flow units equipped with pressure gauges,
- Starch hydrolysis laboratory set.
- Food Engineering Instructional Laboratory (Head of Laboratory: Dr. Dianika Lestari)
The laboratory where the basics of food engineering is learned in the Food Engineering Laboratory course, equipped with:
- Bread Structure Modification set equipped with Mixers,
- Food Preservation sets equipped with a Microscope and Noodle Maker,
- Membrane Separation sets equipped with a membrane, water bath, and conductivity meter,
- Yoghurt Fermentation sets equipped with Brookfield Viscometer,
- Texture analyzer for food products,
- Water activity meters,
- pH meter.
- Food Engineering Research Laboratory (Head of Laboratory: Dr. Ronny Purwadi)
Laboratory for conducting research as a final project and one of the graduation requirements for Food Engineering students.
- Instrument and Analysis Laboratory (Head of Laboratory: Dr. Jenny Rizkiana)
Equipped with the latest analytical tools that are often used in the food industry, such as:
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC),
- Thermogravimetric Analysis,
- Fourier Transfer-Near Infrared (FT-NIR) Spectroscopy,
- Bomb Calorimeter.
- Food Teaching Factory Laboratory (Head of Laboratory: Dr. Made Tri Ari Penia Kresnowati)
Located at Labtek IV Campus ITB Jatinangor, with a pilot-scale fermented cassava flour (fercaf) production facility with a production capacity of 1 ton/day.